Tuesday, May 6, 2008

5. 2) b. Act 1, Scenes 1-3:

b. Act 1, Scenes 1-3: What do you think would be the hardest part of life in the Secret Annex: the fear of discovery, the need to keep silent for hours at a time, the sharing of cramped quarters with strangers, or some other aspect? Explain.

I personally think that the hardest part of life in the Secret Annex for me would be the fear of discovery. If I were to be a member to stay in the Secret Annex, I would be very frightened of being caught by the Nazis and would have difficulties being relaxed, such as sleeping peacefully. Like Anne, I would have nightmares about the Nazis coming to capture me and take me to concentration camp. I am a person whom doesn't like hiding, since it gives me fear and horror of becoming caught. I do not like doing hide and seek, because I become very worried and I'm not good in suppressing my fears. In the play and in the movie, it shows how Jews, especially the ones that they know well are caught and taken every single day from the Nazis. Such as the vegetable man, is caught hiding two Jews at his home. Also, they are able to hear the sounds of bomb and hear German soldiers on the streets, and robbers came in beneath the Secret Annex to steal. So, if I were to be living in the Secret Annex, I would become very stressful, hopeless, and worried each day of being caught in hiding. I think the Jews would have needed a lot of courage and hope in order to survive each day hiding secretly from the Nazis.

No comments: