Sunday, May 4, 2008

1. What do you know already about the Holocaust?

I personally did not know much about the Holocaust. I only knew the basic information on the Holocaust such as that the Germans were controlling over countries and that it was related with the Jewish. When I was young, I had read the diary of Anne Frank in a simple version. However, since it was a long time ago, I dont remember that much. I knew that Anne Frank had written secretly in a hiding place, but I didn't know detaildely about the Holocaust and her diary. I had searched information on the Holocaust when we first started learning about it, and I understood further about the topic. After we started the unit on the diary of Anne, I have learned so much more about the Holocaust, and the danger that the victims had gone through.

1 comment:

CAROLINE THE GREAT said...

You probably know as much as I did when I first heard about the Holocaust. However, I didn't even know that the Germans were controllin gover countries and that it was related with the Jewish. I thought it was something like the Pentecost. :). I also read the Diary of Anne Frank when I was in 6th grade, but I don't remember much about it, either. I also learned far much more abou the topic, and when we started the unit on the diary of Anne, I also learned so much more about the Holocaust, and the terrible danger that the victims had gone through that time. When we read it a long time ago, we only knew that Anne Frank had written a diary secretly in a hiding place, but we really never understood the absolute danger of living in fear of getting caught, otherwise being carried away to concentration camps, tortured, and even executed. I think that through Anne's diary, we can learn a lot about the world, others, and ourselves.